English Articles and Abstracts
- Publication date
- Homeopathy, Principle of similars, philosophy, history and theory of science, history and theory of medicine, social history, history of ideas, institutions, politics, religion, and economics, hihd, Josef M. Schmidt
EPUB E-Book, bitte die Download-Option EPUB wählen
Alle verfügbaren E-Books anzeigen...
English Articles and Abstracts (1988-2015)
Homeopathy, a branch of drug therapy based on the principle of similars, founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755–1843) in Germany and since then spread all over the world, has been a controversial system of medicine up to the present. While naturalistic and materialistic approaches have difficulty to find statistical evidence of efficacy and a plausible mechanism of action, scientific research in terms of the humanities may grasp many more aspects of this kind of medical art. The present volume contains a variety of articles outlining and evaluating homeopathy from a plurality of perspectives, such as philosophy, history and theory of science, history and theory of medicine, social history, history of ideas, institutions, politics, religion, and economics, – thus sheding new light on its status within medicine at large. In addition to these contributions from cultural, human, or moral studies, to complete the methodological spectrum, one of the world’s top-rated randomized clinical trials on homeopathy is presented here. As it turns out, a balanced judgement of homeopathy may require the consideration of more than just a few of its many dimensions.
Josef M. Schmidt is professor for the history of medicine at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. More downloads from Josef M. Schmid can be found on the download website of the Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich
- Users of the e-book are solely responsible for the accuracy of medical diagnoses and/or therapies.
- The e-book serves only as a guide for finding clinical indications and their homeopathic remedy administration
- No responsibility is taken for dosage instructions or potency information.
- The user of the e-book is solely responsible for the correct interpretation of the symptom description in the original text and/or medical diagnosis.
- Any synonyms used only serve to make it easier to find passages in the original text.
- Any liability arising from the use of the e-book is excluded.
- 2022-04-06 12:45:37
- tesseract 5.0.0-1-g862e
- -l deu
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4
Uploaded by Homöopathie Edition Digital on